What a GREAT article! Love the movie- and the life lessons are so true!
First impressions mean the world to some people, right? Why do we judge so heavily on appearances? As a society, we are primarily concerned with fitting in and we don’t allow those that may look, sound or act a little “different from the mainstream person to fit in with us. Shame on us for that mindset. Susan Boyle is beautiful in her audition as she sings “I Dreamed A Dream” from Les Miserables for the hit TV Show “Britain’s Got Talent.” Check it out and remember this as you start judging a book by its cover next time.
I found this posted on Buzzfeed and thought it was just perfect to share on my blog to remind you that people are ultimately good. Take a look.
1. This picture of Chicago Christians who showed up at a gay pride parade to apologize for homophobia in the Church.
(Michelle Gantner / Maladjusted Media)
… and the reaction from the parade.
(Michelle Gantner / Maladjusted Media)
2. This picture of two Norwegian guys rescuing a sheep from the ocean.
3. This sign at an awesome bookshop.
4. This exchange between a 3-year-old girl and a shopping center.
5. This note that was handed to a waiter along with a $20 bill by an elderly lady in his restaurant.
6. This sign at an awesome Subway restaurant.
7. This picture of a villager carrying stranded kittens to dry land during floods in Cuttack City, India.
Images by Biswaranjan Rout / AP
8. This sign at an awesome drycleaner’s.
Plaza Cleaners in Portland, OR, helped over 2,000 unemployed workers who couldn’t afford dry cleaning. The store’s owner estimated that it cost his company $32,000 dollars.
9. This photograph of a man giving his shoes to a homeless girl in Rio de Janeiro.
10. This picture of a firefighter administering oxygen to a cat rescued from a house fire.
11. This interaction between a Guatemalan girl and a tourist she just met.
12. This gesture from a neighbor.
13. These photos of two children collaborating to rescue a dog who had fallen into a ravine.
14. This note on a young family’s check.
15. This exchange between a protester and a soldier during a protest in Brazil.
15. These pictures of a man jumping into rough waters to rescue a stranger’s Shih Tzu in Melbourne.
Sue Drummond was walking her beloved Shih Tzu, Bibi, on a pier in Melbourne, when a fierce gust of wind picked him up and hurled him into the rough waters of the bay. A passerby, Raden Soemawinata, who happened to be on the pier that day to scatter his grandmother’s ashes, wasted no time in stripping down and diving into the bay to rescue the animal. (Photos: Chris Scott) Via: news.com.au
16. And this photograph of two best friends on a swing.
I think that it is so incredibly cool that people are so talented in so many different ways. How many people can do the things you see in this video? I mean, can you honestly watch this video and not think people are awesome?
I challenge you to take a minute to look around the next time you go shopping or are out in public and just observe people. Watch and see how good people are at what they do. Instead of getting annoyed with the numerous things you could, find a little good in people every once in a while, you’ll surprise yourself with how nice it feels.
This video is not only hilarious, but really makes me wonder, what if everyone went to fast-food restaurants with the mentality Giorgio did- trying to make an employee (who is probably getting paid minimum wage to serve you) smile?
The now famous internet sensation, Giorgio, was just craving a late night snack and happened to have his guitar in hand when this harmonious exchange occurred!
Maybe this will give you a new outlook on the way you think about fast food, and next time you’re ordering chili cheese fries, a cheery limeade or five cheesecake bites, you can chuckle a little bit!